Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cage The Elephant

My Monday ended with a lovely surprise. I won two tickets to a Cage The Elephant concert at The Pageant for Tuesday night. Then I spent the rest of the night making my spice rub and listening to their music with a glass of Riesling in hand.

So Tuesday my roomie and I went to the CTE Concert. They had two extremely good opening acts. The first band was Sleeper Agent, their site has music you can check out. The second was Joy Formidable. Check out their site here, great music and there's a playlist on the site. I love their song "Whirring". Each band had so much energy.

Then Cage The Elephant came on and did a super job. The lead singer kept body surfing into the crowd. Here are my two fave songs of theirs:
{Shake Me Down} and....
{Ain't No Rest For The Wicked}

2 comments :

  1. I am so watching these videos when it's not 6:25am and the husband is awake! (I have to go into work wahhh!) haha. Anyway - I'm seeing CTE on new years this year in Chicago!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO jealous of this post! I love cage the elephant! Alt Nation on Sirius radio always had played them, and I came to love the band. I had been listening to them for awhile and I never knew they were from Kentucky until a few weeks ago. It made me love them even more (I'm from/live in Kentucky). Too much pride, I know. Unfortunately, Sleeper Agent hasn't grown on me yet, but joy formidable is so awesome! What's their other song? A heavy abacus, I think it's called? That's super good too.

    Yes, this post is forever long.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...