Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Be More Creative Every Day

I read an article in my recent Cosmopolitan Magazine titled "Be More Creative Every Day" by Amy Powell, the President of Paramount Television. I found it inspiring and wanted to share the tips and highlights (I couldn't find the link)

1. Always be exploring :: Travel, immerse yourself in culture; do what makes you happy and do it passionately.

2. Get out of your comfort zone :: Avoid rigid schedules, routine leads to familiarity and complacency. Welcome small changes into your schedule weekly; new lunch spots, quick walks with co-workers, etc.

3. Take time to riff :: Allow meetings without agendas occasionally to allow for brainstorming and new ideas to form.

4. Chat up a stranger :: Throw dinner parties and purposely sit people beside one another they don't know, chat up the stranger in the elevator, on the plane or in the coffee shop. 

5. Put away your phone :: Log off and enjoy the world around you, you'll be surprised by the ideas that form when you are unplugged.

6. Help others :: Give back. Find a charity that resonates to you, and contribute.


>> A tip of my own to add ::

Jot it down :: I always have a notebook in my purse so I can jot down any ideas that strike. I then can expand upon the idea later and let it evolve. I find that if I don't jot it down, I continue to fixate mentally and try to fully evolve the idea in the moment, which is obviously not as productive. 

What is your top tip to inspire creativity daily?







No comments :

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts...