I'm about 10 months into my home-ownership role, I can't believe my 1-year mark is almost here!! Talk about putting the pressure on- I still have my hands full with tasks of to-do's. So far I have one thing hanging on the walls..ONE thing, that's it! All in all, I'm so happy I made the move to purchase and that all the marks I'm making on my home are mine to keep.
- lavender (my favorite- practicing for my someday lavender farm)
- asparagus fern (loving the look of this!)
- shrubs (back beds are done, I want to add lavender and I need to now re-vamp the front)
- container gardens (lettuce= excelling, peppers = drowning)
- I'm really glad I have this space to call my own, no neighbor noises through the walls, finally!
- how on earth am I going to clean the gutters over my walkout basement? do I climb on the roof? I'm going to need a sidekick for that.
- I'm so happy I have an outdoor space to call my own and turn into an oasis...I loveeeee that
- why do I still have boxes to unpack? (insert grimmace emoji)
- should I pack away winter clothes or just fill all the closets and rotate?
- I really dislike organizing and need an organizing genie, I prefer to just decorate
- lawncare....am I right? what a headache
- I need to use my firepit one of these cool nights. par-tayyy!
- why, oh why have I not stepped foot into IKEA yet?
- I think I shall buy a kiddie pool to use in my backyard this summer
extremely basic things I wish I had by now
- BBQ pit
- a desk for my office
- a lawnmower....... but I think I'll just opt to keep paying for lawncare
- hang curtain rods- needing assistance on this
- re-do my front flower beds
- get my basement sliding door fixed
- clean out a spare room full of boxes and holiday decor and finally turn it into an office
- clean the basement and use it
- set up the basement bedroom
- organize the storage room in the basement and add shelving
- hang wall decor + shelving + a clock I've purchased
- decide what to do with my dining room wall
- find black + white prints to frame for my living room..I'm thinking pictures from my parent's farm.
the ramblings could go on..and on..and on.. but these are my homeowning thoughts thus far