+ Scatter joy...check!
+ My 2017 Item Audit
Goal = purge 200 Items in 2017
1st month = 29 items
+ Monthly Household task-
January's goal - hang curtain rods..check!
I've been working in a mix of old curtains and new curtains to style the rooms. The last to settle on are the dining room/kitchen/bedroom.
Sheer gray for the living room. I don't have much natural light, so I like the sheer concept to let as much shine is as I can. On February's list is to re-work the pillows..these came with the couch, and while I like most they don't really work with the rug.
These are curtains from my last apartment. They are currently in the dining area, but I think I will move them to the (someday) office because, again, I like the sheer concept to capitalize on natural light.
- Try one new recipe - check!
Skinny Chicken & Rice Casserole
This was a win. Simple too.
Easy Skinny Chicken and Rice Casserole using NO cream soups and made in about 30 minutes!
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4-5 green onions, diced
- 1 (14-oz) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2½ cups cooked brown rice (I used instant)
- 1 (5.3-oz) fat free plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Add green onions and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add chicken. Sprinkle with flour. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Add brown rice. Fold in Greek yogurt, mayo and salt and pepper. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and it's bubbly around the edges.